We Are

We are because Christ created us. We love only because Christ loved us. We live only because Christ died for us.



Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope , through the power of the Holy Ghost."














Butterfly

Butterfly

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Time!!


                     

  Hello Family and Friends!
                             Spring has finally come to our mountain and it is simply amazing! The past few days have been warm and sunny, with a refreshing spring rain, and baby animals are arriving. Every year it consistently reminds me of God’s faithfulness and the birth of new life!
          During this time of renewal of our world after a long winter, I am reminded of God’s work in my life. I have come to realize, even while writing this, that God has taken me, and is still leading me, through a winter and into a spring in my life.  It began many months ago but the most recent was this past month. I turned 20 and was hit hard with an ear infection, sinus infection and pink eye on my birthday.  I was angry at God and myself, everyone and everything.  I didn’t understand why, on my birthday of all days, I got sick, no one cared, and I was stuck in my room for 4 days. God took me and basically hit me with a “God by 4,” asking me why I was so self-focused in every part of my life, and why couldn’t I trust Him for every little thing.  I noticed that when I began to look to God for my security and to be myself people began to like me for me, not for whom I thought they wanted.  
 He then began asking me to surrender the thing I held most dear and would run to; my horse, Annie.  I cried out in frustration as to why I didn’t want to give her up or why I needed her. He then gently reminded me that I haven’t been using her.  It was selfish to keep her when possibly a little girl could enjoy her, and God could use her for His glory.  I began talking to my Mom about it and I decided to donate her to a ministry starting up for underprivileged girls. I called them and, lo and behold, they had just been praying for a new horse! I cried as I realized that God wanted me to bless them with her. She will be moving there in a couple weeks.  This is extremely hard as I have put my identity in being a horse owner and a cowgirl. All the things God has been taking me through has shown me that God is slowly chiseling out all the things in my life that preceded Him.
  Another thing that makes me completely dependent on Him is my health. Recently, as many of you know, I have developed food allergies. These allergies have wiped me out and when I get reactions they leave me weak and tired. I can only pray my way through them and rely on God to give me the strength to move on.  I will be going to an allergist to get down to the bottom of this, hopefully before summer begins.
Throughout this “winter” I am learning to be completely content and rely on God for everything. My plans and dreams are very small and pale compared to God’s. Everything that I had worked so hard for seems insignificant and God looks amazing. J  God’s will is always so much better.
          The apprentices are on Spring Break and have been assigned their summer positions.  After they return from break we hit the ground running with our annual Open House, Spring Horse Lovers Retreat, Father Son Retreat, a multitude of other spring retreats, and Summer Staff Training.  Our first week of camp starts June 19th, and we are looking forward to full weeks and what God is planning for us!
The Ranch is heading up a Missions Trip to Mexico over Spring Break. They will be ministering to a group of children and a church there. They will be running a VBS for the kiddos, and also doing building projects for the church.
We have a couple weeks open to fill with volunteers for the kitchen if anyone is interested! Check out the Ranch’s website for more information.

Prayer:
·       A conclusion to what is going on physically  with me
·       A heart that is solely sold out for Christ
·       Provision of a vehicle
·       A crew of volunteers for the summer
·       To do God’s will even when it is hard
·       Safe travels for Mexico Trip

Praise:
·       Beautiful spring weather
·       God’s provision

No comments:

Post a Comment