We Are

We are because Christ created us. We love only because Christ loved us. We live only because Christ died for us.



Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope , through the power of the Holy Ghost."














Butterfly

Butterfly

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Memories

Did you ever have a time in your life when you were looking at old photos or something triggered a memory in your brain that made you almost cry and want to go back to those times? This has happened to me quite frequently the past few days. Most of my memories are of myself and my best friend Mia gallivanting across the world (ok maybe it was just the Ranch) having adventures and just being country girls. I think this was spurred because she has moved across the United States to Texas. Now I'm super duper excited for her and the family but it's like a season has come to an end and I know it will never be the same. Ever, I grieve because I know I will never go back and be the carefree young girls riding our "hobbit ponies" in the woods and crawfish hunting. God has chosen to move us apart and give us separate lives. And we both must adjust and know that we will still always be sisters in Christ no matter how far away God takes us.
   Another change and memory that is sweet is the memory of Holidays and the special times at home. You know you're growing up when the new generations don't know certain tv programs like "Magic School Bus", "Bernstein Bears", Looney Toons, etc. Gone are the days of summer with no responsibilities and cartoons with a sugary breakfast you only get at Grandmas and Grandpas.  My parents are preparing to retire and selling our house and moving. Just knowing that I may never be in that house again is just so weird. I spent my teen years there, learned to be a woman there, lost my childhood friend (my dog Bully) there, bought my first horse there, graduated there and the list goes on and on. Mom says "Home is where family is" which is true but going to "my parents house" for Christmas vs "home" is definitely different. 
    Now don't get me wrong. Growing up is an adventure and totally fun, and sometimes completely overwhelming and terrifying but a necessity of life. We only get to live once. Make the best memories possible and be sure to love the family that God gave you. Things always change but God never does!

No comments:

Post a Comment