We Are

We are because Christ created us. We love only because Christ loved us. We live only because Christ died for us.



Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope , through the power of the Holy Ghost."














Butterfly

Butterfly

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lessons from the Butterfly

Today I was out hiking in the mountains of Virginia with my Mom. As our day progressed I noticed that throughout our day was the blessing of seeing multiple types of butterflies. Now, it didn't seem like much until I started thinking about the butterfly (this started while watching one blow in the breeze while clinging to a flower). The life of a butterfly starts off as a worm. A measly insignificant to us, sometimes ugly and unusual to our eyes, but to the Creator it's a beautiful creation with a greater purpose. This amazing bug builds a cocoon for itself as a protection and a growing experience. Then when the perfect time arrives, it begins the arduous journey of breaking out of it's abode and building that strength that is needed to be able to fly and do what Butterfly's do. Now, for me to watch this process reminds me so much of my spiritual life. God takes me through the journey of taking away my old self and putting on the new one in Him! It's a constant journey with trials that strengthen me because I  push through because God has asked me to grow closer to Him. The beauty that arises from that journey is nothing to be compared too. Just some thoughts for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment