We Are

We are because Christ created us. We love only because Christ loved us. We live only because Christ died for us.



Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope , through the power of the Holy Ghost."














Butterfly

Butterfly

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is!


The Christmas Countdown has begun and with 28 days to go it's coming up quickly! It is definately my favorite time of year filled with snow, cookies, lights, decorated trees and a chance to spend time with family.  I have been blessed to be able to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with my parents and rest of my family! It has been a welcome relief and mini vacation from the farm to be able to come and just be with my siblings and parents. Just to be able to visit and celebrate was a pleasure. :)
In the past couple months it has been very interesting. I've had the honor of starting to teach a couple girls riding and we are planning on kicking off our riding program in January. Our horses are doing well and we are slowly adding to our herd. The barn is potentially going to be remodeled in Feb if we have enough money.
I am getting involved a ton with Young Life and that is where my heart really lies at this point. Yes, I love the horses and I will never stop loving them and working with them but I am looking beyond them and seeing what else there is out there. Young Life had their fall weekend last weekend and it was totally amazing! We piled 20 people into 4 vehicles and drove to Lake Champion in NY for a weekend of fun, music, games, shaving cream wars, 40' swings that scared the hibbie jibbies outta me, and reconnecting to a God who loves me enough to die for me!
I am still in the market for a vehicle with some prospects but it still hasn't happened yet. Continued prayer for this would be very grateful. Also, for the funds for the barn and that the teens hearts would be opened to the gospel and that we would be able to reach out to more and more kids.
Also something that God has been taking me through is that I have been developing severe food allergies. I haven't been able to pinpoint to what exactly but I will probably be going in for tests possibly in December. Please pray that we will figure out what I am allergic to and be able to figure out a way to treat it.
Two of my students and I riding
Practicing Straight lines for when we to drill team manuevers

  
A rider at the Sporthorse Cup in Syracuse


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jemi! I'm so glad you put your blog link in chat. I didn't even know you had a blog before, and I will be reading it regularly now.

    Merry Christmas (coming up soon)!

    ReplyDelete